Local produce always complements the seasons. Fall and Winter foods tend to be heartier while Spring and Summer foods tend to be lighter. The best place to shop for seasonal foods is a farmers market. Check out my top 5 reasons why you should head to your nearest farmers market today!
1. Eating produce in season will help your wallet. Fruits and vegetables at the peak of their abundance tend to cost less. So why not save a few bucks!
2. You might make new friends. Enjoy delicious, seasonal produce while supporting your nearby farms and their economy. It helps build communities and relationships among local farmers and the neighborhoods around them.
3. Eating food grown locally helps the environment. The fewer miles your food travels to reach your plate, the better it is for all of us.
4. Local produce is better for you. Fruits and vegetables grown in season are at their optimal nutrient value and require less chemicals to keep them fresh. Not only are you saving money, but bite for bite you’re nourishing your body with high quality and with fewer (or no) pesticides.
5. Eating produce grown locally tastes better. Local fruits and vegetables naturally ripen on the vine as opposed to on your countertop so you’ll get top-notch flavor. The taste is rich and requires very little preparation to make a delicious meal.
Some produce you’ll see at your farmers market now:
Zucchini and Squash
Any more questions, contact me so we can create a delicious, cost effective meal plan just for you.
You must be logged in to post a comment.